|Page (1) of 1 - 06/05/17||email article||print page|
17th Annual Chip Camp Includes a New Focus on Virtual Reality for 2017(June 05, 2017)
BOISE, Idaho, June 05, 2017 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) --
WHEN: June 7-9, June 13-15, June 20-22, 2017
WHERE: Dehryl A. Dennis Professional Technology Center, 8201 W. Victory Road, Boise, ID
TIME: Camp runs 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. each day
WHAT: Micron (Nasdaq:MU) will host its 17th annual Chip Camp for Boise area seventh and eighth graders to learn more about the intricate business of designing and manufacturing semiconductors and integrated circuits. Historically the camp was held for two weeks each summer. This year’s camp line-up has grown to now provide three weeks of camp, serving a total of 210 students this summer.
Hosted by the Micron Foundation, Chip Camp was created to make science and technology a stimulating experience and expose students to the semiconductor industry, ideally influencing student course selection during high school to include challenging math and science course work.
Also on hand at Chip Camp for students this year will be a team from the newly formed Idaho Virtual Reality Council. IVRC is Idaho’s first networking and education council for Idaho’s leaders and innovators interested in virtual reality, augmented reality, and mixed reality. While at Chip Camp they will demonstrate virtual reality technology and its potential impacts on everything from learning, the economy, and industry, to social interactions and entertainment.
WHO: Student highlights are expected to include:
- First day highlights – ‘Physx’ demonstration (9:15-10:45), VR Demo (1:00-4:00)
- Second day highlights – Robo programming (9:00-10:45), Rocket launching (9:30-2:00)
- Third day highlights (at Micron) – Raspberry Pi programming (9:30-2:30)
SPECIAL MEDIA INSTRUCTIONS:
- Each activity features newsworthy and visual elements for broadcast and print coverage.
- All visitors must register with Micron beforehand.
RELEVANT LINKS: There are other ways to stay up-to-date on Micron news:
- Micron Innovations Blog: www.micronblogs.com
- Micron on Twitter: @microntech @micronstorage @micron_giving
- Micron Pressroom: news.micron.com
CONTACT: MEDIA CONTACT:Marc MusgroveMicron Technology+1 408 386 email@example.com