|Page (1) of 1 - 04/30/18||email article||print page|
Impact of "Disruption and the Future of Business" Examined by Women Presidents' Organization at Annual Conference, May 2 - 4, Los Angeles
NEW YORK, April 30, 2018 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Nothing kills a new idea faster than common sense. When iconic brands dared to think the unthinkable, asking "what would happen if we…," the result was revolutionary ideas, sparking disruptive strategies and igniting unexpected solutions that turned many industries upside down. At its annual conference, The Women Presidents' Organization (WPO), an international peer advisory group and business growth catalyst, will examine many aspects of "Disruption and the Future of Business," May 2 – 4, Westin Bonaventure, Los Angeles.
Twenty years ago, the Women Presidents' Organization was its own disruptive concept. While many organizations supported startups, women entrepreneurs who had achieved success needed a unique kind of business education to continue to accelerate growth. In the second stage of development, founders and presidents are confronted with different strategic and operational challenges.
WPO President and Founder, Dr. Marsha Firestone said, "In 1955 there were 500 corporations on the Fortune list. Today only 61 of those companies still exist. Typically, the only time an organization changes is when it's backed into a corner. The old adage 'Innovate or Die' still applies. Don't be one of these unfortunate enterprises left by the side of the road. Disruptive thinking has revolutionized the business landscape."
Conference keynote speakers include world-renowned design thinking expert Tim Brown, CEO and President, IDEO, addressing how creative competitiveness is an essential response to the threat of disruption. With over 25 years' experience in virtual reality, augmented reality and mixed reality, Evelyn Miralles, Business Technology Strategist and Principal Engineer, NASA Johnson Space Center, will share insight into the impact of future technologies on businesses worldwide. Rachel Botsman, Lecturer and Researcher, University of Oxford, Saïd Business School, will reveal new rules of trust in a shared economy, where technologies are changing how and whom we trust.
2018 Conference Sponsors:
The 2018 WPO annual conference is supported by the commitment and dedication of WPO Sponsors, including:
- Presenting sponsor – Microsoft
- VIP sponsor - Wells Fargo
- Major sponsors: UPS, Prudential, Francine Collections &Women in Business (WIB), Dell, Lexus
- Lead sponsors: Mi Jong Lee Emmelle, Lafayette 148 New York
- Registration sponsor: Hilton Head Health
- General sponsors: Advantage|ForbesBooks, American Airlines, American Express, Avis, BMO Financial Group, Cerese D Jewelry, Chubb, EY, Golden Door, IBM, KeyBank, PNC Wealth Management, PwC, RARECAT Wines, Sisley Paris, Walmart, WBENC
- Education sponsors: Capital One, Johnson & Johnson, New York Life
- Design sponsor: Creative Source
- Print sponsor: HighRoad Press
- Member sponsors: APCO Worldwide, Assessment Leaders, BoardBookit; CBIZ MHM, The Joyce Rey Team, Charleston Shoe Company, Cluso, DashboardNY, Fox's Seattle, Gensler, Jazzercise, Nina McLemore, NutriFit, PayneGroup, PrimitiveLogic, Red Company, Southern Champion, Vaco, Nacelle
- Media sponsors: Financial Times, Enterprising Women, ForbesBooks Radio, Marketing Maven, Socialfix
About the Women Presidents' Organization
The WPO is the premier peer advisory organization connecting women who own multi-million dollar companies. In monthly meetings across six continents, chapters of 20 women presidents from diverse industries invest time and energy in themselves and their businesses to drive their corporations to the next level. Local WPO chapters are coordinated by a professional facilitator and meet monthly to share business expertise and experience in a confidential setting. For more information, call 212-688-4114 or visit www.womenpresidentsorg.com. Follow us on Twitter @womenpresidents. Like us on Facebook @TheWPO.
Contact: Andrea Pass
Women Presidents' Organization
(212) 688-4114 Office
(917) 601-5778 Mobile
View original content with multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/impact-of-disruption-and-the-future-of-business-examined-by-women-presidents-organization-at-annual-conference-may-2--4-los-angeles-300638342.html
SOURCE Women Presidents' Organization
Copyright 2014 PR Newswire. All Rights Reserved
Related Keywords:Science,Space Science,Engineering,Business,Women,